What if you could go from fearing heights to
“the summit is my new home” in one 4-day experience?
Are you a first-time skier?
Did you stop skiing long ago but want to start again?
Are you afraid to even try?
Would you prefer instruction at your own pace?
Are you looking for a comprehensive experience?
Come and join me in my home country, Turkey! It’s not just another ski trip; it’s a cultural experience while you learn or improve your ski technique.
Skiing can be intimidating and even dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. Rather than experiencing frustration while learning, allow me to show you the ropes.
Allow us to show you
the tips and tricks.
I’ll teach you all the tips and tricks needed to become an expert.
I’ve seen it all including face plants just getting on or off a chairlift. I’ve seen girlfriends, wives, and athletically gifted babes… all crying on the side of a slope out of anger or disappointment. But you want to get down the hill gracefully. No one wants to use ski patrol assistance if they don’t have to. I’ve taught many hundreds of first-timers. I’m certified by Professional Ski Instructors of America, have skied on four continents and at more than 60 resorts.
In this retreat, you learn a lot, including but not limited to:
In a fun indoor clinic, you’ll learn how to:
- Put on and take off your equipment including how to buckle your boots to avoid painful shins
- Find your athletic stance for effective dynamic balance
- Read a trail map and find your way around the mountain
On snow, you’ll learn how to:
- Load and unload from chairlifts
- Turn gracefully any time you want
- Stop on a dime
- Carry your skis and poles like a pro
- Read the mountain and the weather
- Find the best snow on the mountain
- Avoid dangerous situations
Then depending on your progress, you’ll truly master these skills on the slopes either during this trip or in your next depending on how quickly you catch on:
- How to make graceful, carved turns
- How to ski uneven terrain like moguls
- How to find and create your flow on the mountain
Are you ready to conquer the mountains?
In the yoga and meditation sessions, you’ll practice exercises that will allow you to:
- Create better body awareness
- Activate muscles to help you to stay in control on the slopes
In addition, you’ll learn how to:
- Pick the right equipment for the conditions
- Pack for a ski trip mountain casual style
- Make smart equipment and gear purchases
If you’re ready to conquer the mountains, enter your email address here to receive your invitation to the Palandoken, Erzurum Retreat.
Palandoken Ski Area Erzurum, TURKEY
- 4 km (~3 miles) to the city center, a 2000 years old city
- 20 km (~12 miles) to the Erzurum Airport
- World-class slopes
- The longest run is 12 km (~ 7.5 miles)
What if you could immerse yourself in skiing
and learn this sport once and for all?
- March 26 – 29, 2020
- Beginner skiers
- Lower intermediate skiers
- Welcome reception on March 26th
- Half-day ski instruction each ski day (3 ski days on the 27th, 28th, and 29th of March, 2020)
- Half-day Erzurum city tour on the 27th of March
- Celebration reception on the 29th of March
- Morning yoga
- Creative visualization and mindfulness meditations in the evenings
- 2 indoor clinics
- Photo and video review of your skiing
- Local transportation
- Check out on the 30th of March
- 2 full-day guided tour in Istanbul on April 7th and 8th
- 6 people with your host Ceylan
- Dedeman Palandoken – You’ll receive the accommodation discount code once you register for our retreat or contact us to receive the hotel reservation code.
- Istanbul International Airport (IST)
- Erzurum Airport (ERZ/LTCE)
What’s NOT included in the price
- Accommodations – but you’ll receive significant discounts due to our exclusive deal with Dedeman Palandoken
- Ski passes will be included in your accommodation package
- 3 meals each day will be included in your accommodation package
- Equipment rental assistance
- Air travel
- Apre ski drinks