10 Fun Facts About Me
- I was born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey. Since 2003, I’ve been living in Los Angeles, California and Park City, Utah. I still have an accent.
- I got my level 1 ski instructor certification at Big Bear, California and level 2 certification at Snowbird, Utah.
- I taught skiing to more than 1,000 people.
- I’ve skied at more than 60 resorts on 4 continents: Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
- I skied with a fully-ruptured ACL for 100 days. The experience helped me to be in tune with my body and mind.
- I competed in bodybuilding competitions, triathlons, open water swim races and running races. The longest open water swim race was 4 miles (6.5 km) from Asia to Europe in Istanbul.
- I did ice bath training at the beginning of the 2019-20 winter season. My definition of cold has changed.
- I practice yoga and do the Feldenkrais method to align my spine.
- On my ski days at Deer Valley, I do intermittent fasting and break my fast with a natural buffet.
- My core values in life are playfulness, integrity, and growth.
Want to learn all aspects of skiing? Join me at a ski retreat and move up to an intermediate level. Click here for more information about ski retreats.